י״ב בתשרי ה׳תשע״ד (September 16, 2013)
iPhone users can visit Kotel (The Western Wall), Jewish holiest place from anywhere in the world. App called iKotel brings the Western Wall to every Jew in the world.
The Western Wall Heritage Foundation has launched an iPhone app that streams live from the Kotel around the clock — except on Shabbat and holidays.
The application allows users to send prayer to the Kotel (placed in between the ancient stones by the Kotel Rabbi’s staff).
iKotel app also includes a compass that allows users to pray in the direction of Jerusalem, virtual tour the 3,000-year-old Western Wall Tunnels, contact information, tour and Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremonies reservations, and more.
- Live 24/6 – Multiple Western Wall Live Cams – change cameras (small fee is required to use this feature & support The Western Wall Heritage Foundation).
- Send your prayer to the Kotel (placed in between the ancient stones by the Kotel Rabbi’s staff)
- Photo & Video Gallery – keep up to date with the latest happenings at the Kotel or witness amazing historical footage from your mobile device.
- Save photos as your iPhone Wallpaper or share with friends with email, Twitter or Facebook.
- Virtual Tours – video tours of the 3,000-year-old Western Wall Tunnels & lots more
- Mizrach Compass – know the direction of Jerusalem wherever you are
- Contact info, tour reservations, Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremonies…
App: iKotel by The Western Wall Heritage Foundation
Compatible: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
Released: December 23, 2010 (updated: March 29, 2013)
Publisher: The Western Wall Heritage Foundation, Inc.
Price: app is no longer available in the App Store
LEAVE A NOTE