ל׳ בניסן ה׳תשע״ד (April 30, 2014)
A New Version Of Tanach Bible For Android Allows Coping And Sharing Texts Via Other Apps And Social Media
The new version of Tanach Bible for Android powered devices including Kindle Fire, which now allows sharing of a pasuk or range of pesukim from Tanach to other Android apps and social media. Text can be copied and shared with or without nikud, and even with ta’amim. This has been one of most requested features from users
Tanach Bible features crisp Hebrew text with precise placement of Hebrew vowels and cantillation marks, and verse-by-verse synchronization between Hebrew, English, and Rashi’s commentary. Studying the Tanach with Tanach Bible is simple, easy, and enjoyable.
Tanach Bible includes the Hebrew text and English translation of:
- Torah – Five Books of Moses
- Nevi’im – Prophets
- Ketuvim – Writings
Tanach Bible now includes the Hebrew text of Rashi on the entire Tanach. Nikud in Rashi is included only in Rashi on Chumash.
Easy to use and navigate. Tanach Bible is a flexible tool for Tanach study that provides multiple ways of viewing and finding content.
- Easy navigation to all books of the Bible!
- Option to view Chumash by weekly Torah reading
- View Rashi and Hebrew text in parallel columns
- View Hebrew and English text of Tanach in parallel columns
- View Rashi commentary in regular Hebrew or “Rashi script”
- Bookmark verses
- Sort bookmarks by most recent or by book
- Full text search in Hebrew (words and phrases) for Tanach and Rashi
- Full text search in English
- Search for individual words, phrases, prefixes or suffixes
Superior Hebrew font technology – built in. Tanach Bible for Android and Kindle Fire requires no special Hebrew support. Hebrew support comes built in to the app!
- Full Hebrew support, including Hebrew keyboard, with eight font sizes
- Full pointed Hebrew text
- All nekudot and te’amim accurately placed
- Tanach text shows open and closed breaks
- Choice of English or Hebrew user interface
The Judaica Press English translation of Rashi on Tanach is available as an in-app purchase! This translation includes many added explanatory notes and references to expand your understanding of both Rashi’s commentary and the Tanach. You can now study Rashi in two easy-to-view parallel columns of Hebrew and English. The English translation can be purchased within the Tanach Bible app after it has been downloaded.
Tanach Bible for Android is a joint project of ZigZag, Inc. and Davka Corporation (for more apps created by Davka click here)