י״א בתשרי ה׳תשע״ד (September 15, 2013)
Davka Corp. have just released the Judaica Press English translation of Rashi for the Android version of Tanach Bible, as an in-app purchase ($9.99). This translation includes many added explanatory notes and references that will expand users’ understanding of both Rashi’s commentary and the Tanach.
The English translation to Rashi will transform Tanach Bible into a incredible mobile study tool for the weekly Torah and Haftarah portions, for daily Torah study, and for closer examination and understanding of difficult portions. Text is arranged in an attractive two-column view.
Tanach Bible for Android, is a study program that includes the complete text of the Hebrew Bible with English translation.
Tanach Bible is already well known as an iPhone and iPad app – read our review here.
Tanach Bible for Android devices, featuring the complete Hebrew text of the 24 books of the Tanach with English translation. The app features crisp, beautifully designed Hebrew fonts with precise placement of Hebrew vowels and cantillation marks, and verse-by-verse synchronization between Hebrew, English, and Rashi’s commentary.
Users can browse and study all 24 books of the Bible – from Genesis through Chronicles – search the texts, in Hebrew and English, with the program’s powerful search function, and bookmark selections for future reference.
Browse, search and study the Hebrew Bible with Tanach Bible, the ideal study tool for the Hebrew and English Bible. Tanach Bible features crisp Hebrew text with precise placement of Hebrew vowels and cantillation marks, and verse-by-verse synchronization between Hebrew, English, and Rashiʼs commentary.
Tanach Bible includes the Hebrew text and English translation of:
- Torah – Five Books of Moses
- Nevi’im – Prophets
- Ketuvim – Writings
- Hebrew and now (as an in-app purchase) English text of Rashi on the entire Tanach
- Easy navigation to all books of the Bible
- Option to view Chumash by weekly and special Torah readings
- Haftarah readings are associated with Torah readings
- View Rashi and Hebrew text in parallel columns
- View Hebrew and English text of Tanach in parallel columns
- View Rashi commentary in regular Hebrew or ‘Rashi script’
- Bookmark verses
- Sort bookmarks by most recent or by book
- Full text search in Hebrew
- Full text search in English
Tanach Bible for Android requires no special Hebrew support. It’s built-in to the app.
- Full Hebrew support, including Hebrew keyboard, with six font sizes
- Fully pointed Hebrew text
- Tanach text shows open and closed breaks
- Choice of English or Hebrew user interface
Tanach Bible is a joint project of ZigZag, Inc. and Davka Corporation.
App: Tanach Bible by Davka Corporation
Updated: September 13, 2013
Size: Varies with device
Price: Regular $9.99 -> Sale $4.99 (Google Play Link)
LEAVE A NOTE